Terms and Conditions for this website
These Terms and Conditions are applicable every time you access our website and/or order goods from our website. Please note that these Terms and Conditions also incorporate the following sections, which we advise that you read:
- Ordering Goods
Before proceeding with an order, you will be required to confirm that you agree to the following terms and conditions. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your future reference.
- 1. Ownership
- 1.1 This site is owned and operated by Shop Direct Ireland Limited. Our registered office is Cape House, Westend Office Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin D15 Y9DV, Registered in Ireland No 106058. VAT registration number 4799561M.
- 1.2 All rights in this website are owned by us. Any unauthorised use, copying or modification is prohibited.
- 2. Ordering Goods
- 2.1 All orders placed through our website will be subject to our acceptance of the order.
2.2 When you transact with us, we will administer your order in one of two ways. This is because for some products we act as the importer of the goods into Ireland (from the United Kingdom) and for other products you will be the importer. This will depend on the products you order. Specifically:
- We act as the importer for all large products. These are the products that require delivery via our chargeable “large goods delivery service”. This means that we will be liable for payment to the Revenue Commissioners of all import duty and VAT on these goods.
- For all other products, you will be the named importer. This means you will be liable for any import duty and VAT payable on the importation of these goods. However, we will administer the importation of the goods on your behalf including the payment of any relevant tax and import duty to the Revenue Commissioners.
As an example, if you place an order for both a coat and a sideboard, you will be the importer of the coat and we will be the importer of the sideboard. In practice you won’t see any difference in how we treat your purchases, because we will carry out all your importation duties relating to the coat for you, including making payment to the Revenue Commissioners on your behalf.
Where you are the importer, you will be responsible for any incorrect information supplied or errors made by us (acting on your behalf) to the Revenue Commissioners. However, in the unlikely event we make such an error, and a penalty is levied, we will pay the penalty on your behalf so you will not be out of pocket.
- 2.3 When you submit an order to us on our website, you will receive a 'bounce back' confirmation email of this order saying that we are processing your order. You will then receive a second email from us acknowledging your order and giving you estimated timescales for delivery. You should check both emails for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors. Neither of these emails constitute acceptance of the order by us. Your order will be accepted by us (and a contract will then be formed between us) when we despatch the goods to you. Title to the goods will pass to you on delivery.
- 2.4 Promotional codes are codes that enable customers to obtain benefits such as
discounts, free delivery and free gifts. These codes are non-transferable so may
only be used by the person to whom they are issued and must only be used in
accordance with their terms and conditions of use. If you use a promotional code
to claim a promotional benefit, you must first check that it was issued to you
and that you are eligible to use it. By using it to claim a promotional benefit
you will be confirming that:
- you are entitled to use the code;
- you meet all the conditions that apply to its use;
- you agree to the terms set out below.
- 2.5 Should you wish to cancel your order or return any goods, please go to the Returns section for further information
- 2.6 Please note, you are responsible for all purchases made on your account and are personally liable for the full outstanding balance.
You appoint us Shop Direct Ireland Limited in respect of each order you place with us on an irrevocable basis as your agent for the purposes of us giving instructions on your behalf in relation to section 84 of the Postal and Telecommunications Services Act 1983 and thereby permit postal packets addressed to you to be opened, delayed, detained and/or for the due delivery of the postal packet to you to be interfered with or prevented.
If, before accepting your order, we find that you are not entitled to use the code or do not meet all the terms and conditions of its use, we may reject your order or alternatively process it without the promotional benefit being applied. If, after accepting your order, we find that you were not entitled to use the code or did not meet all the terms and conditions of its use, we may reverse the benefit that you obtained. If you transacted on a cash basis e.g. by debit or credit card, we may take a further payment, equivalent to the value of the benefit obtained, from the card used. If you transacted on a credit basis, the value of the benefit obtained may be charged to your credit account.
- 3. Processing your orders and payment
- 3.1 If you are paying for your order through our in-house credit account, the relevant payment will be shown on your next statement.
- 3.2 Whilst it is our intention to keep our website up to date and error free, product description or pricing errors may occur. If we discover such an error after you have submitted an order to us, we will contact you prior to accepting your order with the correct details. You may then either cancel your order or re-confirm it based on the correct information. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order as cancelled.
- 3.3 All prices shown on our website are inclusive of VAT. Delivery charges are clearly highlighted throughout the site. For further information on delivery charges see the Delivery and Returns page.
- 4. Delivery
- 4.1 Delivery can only be made in the Republic of Ireland. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales, however, delays are occasionally inevitable. We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within the estimated timescales.
- 4.2 All items are subject to stock availability. In the event that we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A refund will be given on request where you have already paid for the goods.
- 4.3 When we deliver your items to you, you may be asked to sign for the goods to acknowledge that you have received them.
- 4.4 Please note goods can be returned under our voluntary 28 day Approval Guarantee and by using the statutory 14 day cancellation right, where applicable. For full details of our Returns Policy click here
- 4.5 If an item is faulty please contact our helpline 01 811 2222 and we will arrange an appropriate remedy. We are under a legal obligation to supply goods that are in conformity with the contract.
- 4.6 We reserve the right to stop a delivery at any time, including after despatch, if we suspect that the transaction might be fraudulent.
- 6. Copyright
- 6.1 We are the operators of this website, and the contents of it are either our property (or that of our affiliated companies) or are used under licence from our suppliers. We are the owners of the compilation of information in this website.
- 6.2 Our rights, and those of our affiliates and suppliers, are protected by Irish, European, and International intellectual property laws, including those for the protection of copyrights, trademarks, and database rights. Misuse of this website may incur civil liability or attract criminal sanctions.
- 6.3 We grant you a limited, non-exclusive and revocable licence to access our website for the purposes of browsing our (or our affiliates) product offer(s), ordering goods or services from us (or our affiliates), or obtaining contact information for us (or our affiliates).
- 6.4 Your licence to access our website does not extend to any commercial use of our website, or to any use of our website whatsoever which is for the benefit of any commercial entity other than us (or our affiliates).
- 6.5 You are expressly not permitted to download any part of our site (other than by reason of automatic page caching), to amend or modify it or any part of it, to reproduce or copy, sell (including any resale), or otherwise exploit our website (or any part of it) for any purpose other than as set out above, nor are you permitted to frame our website or to link to any element of it other than the homepage.
- 6.6 You are permitted to link to our homepage, provided that the link is not misleading, false, derogatory, or otherwise prejudicial to our (or our affiliates) suppliers interests, but you are expressly not permitted to use any of our logos or graphics either as or in connection with such a link.
- 7. Trademarks
- All brand names, product and service names and titles and copyright used in this site are trademarks, trade names, service marks or copyright of their respective holders. No permission is given by Shop Direct Ireland Limited or its affiliates for the use of such brand names, product and service names and titles and copyright by any other person and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights.
CREDIT AGREEMENT AND MONEYLENDING AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1995
Warning: This is high-cost credit. Consider alternative options before applying for this credit, including alternatives from other lenders regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
We, Shop Direct Ireland Limited, of Cape House, Westend Office Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin D15 Y9DV, trading as Very agree to provide you, the customer, a running credit account for purchase of any goods, services and digital products offered on our websites and in our advertisements.
Our account is suitable for our customers who want to spread the cost of their purchases instead of paying in full when they buy them.
TERMS OF PAYMENT: HOW YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS
Repayments - You will be sent a statement every month giving details of all transactions on your account during the period since your last statement or, if there has been no previous statement, since the opening of your account. The first payment will become due 23 days after the date of your first statement and all subsequent payments will become due 23 days after the date of the statement on which they appear. The due date will be shown on each statement. You will be required to make at least the minimum payment by the due date shown on your statement. The minimum payment on current balances over €100 will be 10% of that current balance. The minimum payment on current balances of €100 or less will be €10 or the full current balance, if it is less than €10. You may pay more than the minimum payment if you wish to do so.
The annual percentage rate (APR) for this agreement is variable and is currently 39.9%. The borrowing rate is also 39.9% variable. Interest is calculated on the daily current balance and the compounded interest is applied to the account at the end of every monthly statement period.
As a representative example, if you are given a credit limit of €350 and then use your new account to buy a single item for €200 and make the minimum payment each month of 10% (or €10 if greater), the total amount payable will be €256.77, spread over 22 payments.
Promotional Interest Rates: We may, from time to time, offer reduced interest rates (Promotional Interest Rates) on selected purchases or types of purchase ("Promotional Transactions"). We will advertise the Promotional Interest Rate, the period for which it applies ("Promotional Period") and any other additional terms which apply to the Promotional Transaction in such a manner as we consider appropriate. We will charge interest at the Promotional Interest Rate on the outstanding balance in respect of Promotional Transactions for the Promotional Period and, after the end of the Promotional Period, we will charge interest at the borrowing rate. The availability of Promotional Interest Rates is conditional on you keeping to this agreement and, if you do not keep to its terms, we may withdraw any Promotional Interest Rates and charge interest at the borrowing rate on the full outstanding balance.
The initial credit limit on your account will be €XXX.XX. If you ask us to provide additional credit for purchases in excess of your current credit limit we will consider your request and if we approve it we may increase your credit limit. We will then notify you of your new credit limit. We may decrease your credit limit from time to time in our discretion to reflect factors such as changes in your personal status, shopping requirements or other characteristics. If we do so we will notify you.
You may charge as many purchases as you like to your account up to your current credit limit. You must not exceed your credit limit. This agreement is open-end and will continue until it is terminated by either us or you in accordance with clauses 11 or 12.
We may vary the borrowing rate for any of the reasons described below and we will notify you of the variation, but we will not increase it above a maximum of 43.7% APR. If we increase the borrowing rate and you do not wish to accept the new rate, you may pay off your existing balance at the old rate over a reasonable period.
In addition to our rights to vary the credit limit and borrowing rate described above, we reserve the right to vary this agreement at any time to reflect changes in relevant laws, changes in our systems capabilities, changes in market conditions affecting our business and new developments in the market place. Where the change is material or is to a fundamental term of this agreement we will give you 30 days prior written notice of the change. You will have the opportunity to terminate this agreement under clause 12 if you are unhappy with the variation.
Cooling Off Period
You have a right to withdraw from this agreement. Details of how to exercise this right and of what will happen if you do are contained in clause 14.
TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT
1. Buy Now Pay Later Transactions
Selected purchases may be available on one of the following Buy Now Pay Later offers ('BNPL Transactions'), as published from time to time.
No Interest during BNPL period
Once the BNPL Transaction is charged to your account at the end of the BNPL period, it will be shown as part of the current balance and will become liable for interest and payment but no interest will accrue on the BNPL Transaction until it is charged to your account. Amounts owing under a BNPL Transaction, but not yet charged to your account, will be deducted from your credit limit when we calculate the amount you have left to spend. The amount of credit available to you, in relation to your account, will be reduced accordingly.
Interest Accruing during BNPL period
The BNPL Transaction will accrue interest from the purchase date but this interest will not show on the account until the expiry of the BNPL period. Once the BNPL Transaction is charged to your account at the end of the BNPL period, the balance, including accrued interest, will be shown as part of the current balance and will become liable for payment. Amounts owing under a BNPL Transaction, but not yet charged to your account, will be deducted from your credit limit when we calculate the amount you have left to spend. The amount of credit available to you, in relation to your account, will be reduced accordingly. If you pay the cash price of your BNPL Transaction before the expiry of the BNPL period, you will not be required to pay any interest on this transaction.
2. Acceleration of payment
You must pay at least the minimum payment due in full by the due date shown on your statement. If you fail to do so you will be in default and we may demand immediate payment of the arrears. If you do not pay off the arrears in full by the date mentioned on the notice, then we reserve the right to demand from you payment of the full outstanding balance, less any rebate to which you may be entitled under applicable legislation. Such payment must be made on the date specified in the demand. The outstanding balance for all purposes of this agreement will include all sums then due on the account, together with all payments due to be charged to your account at any time in the future under Buy Now Pay Later Transactions.
Missing payments may mean your account is passed to a debt collection agency and may result in legal action being taken. We may also give details to credit reference agencies, you may find it harder to obtain credit in future.
3. Change of name or address
Should you change either your name or address or your email address, you must notify us in writing within 14 days.
4. Our expenses
You must pay to us any reasonable costs and charges for any of the following:
- Locating you if you have changed your address without notifying us within 14 days;
- Providing to you any administration services you may request unless we cannot legally charge for those services;
- Taking any action to remedy any breach of this agreement by you other than a default in payments.
We will give you at least 30 days notice of any change to the level of any of the charges listed above and if we introduce any new charges, in addition to or replacement of any of the charges listed above, under our right to vary this agreement.
5. Relaxing the terms of this agreement
If we allow you more time to make a payment or waive any of our other rights, this will not affect our legal rights under this agreement.
6. Disclosure of information
By entering into this agreement you authorise us to disclose any related information to the Central Credit Register and to any credit reference agency.
7. Data Protection and Marketing
8. Address for notices
Any letter, notice or statements given to you in person or left at, or sent to, your address (including email address), as stated overleaf, or your last known address will be deemed validly served.
9. Transfer of the agreement
We may transfer our rights and/or responsibilities under this agreement to another person or company and by entering into this agreement you provide your consent to such a transfer. In the event that we do so you have the right to plead any defence against that person or company that you would plead against us, including set-off. If we transfer our rights and/or responsibilities and we cease to service this agreement you will be notified of the transfer as soon as practicable after the transfer and in any event within 35 days of it taking place.
We may debit your account on each occasion upon which you provide us with authority to do so, including verbally.
11. Account Closure
We reserve the right to suspend your right to further credit under the account and to close the account and require immediate payment of the whole balance if you fail to make any payments due under this agreement as they fall due or if you are in breach of this agreement. We may also terminate your right to further credit for any other reasonable grounds. We will give notice of such termination as required by law. Interest will continue to be charged until full payment has been made and we reserve the right to charge interest both before as well as after any judgement against you.
This is an open-end credit agreement with no fixed duration. You may terminate this agreement by giving at least 10 days written notice to us. In addition to our right to close your account under Clause 11, we may terminate this agreement on not less than two months’ notice to you. If you terminate the agreement, you must immediately pay the full outstanding balance to us, subject to any rebate to which you may be entitled under applicable legislation. If we terminate the agreement, you will not be able to obtain further credit under this agreement and must repay the full outstanding balance to us on demand.
13. Problems with Repayments and Complaints.
If, at any time, you have problems keeping up with your repayments or you are worried that you might have a problem keeping up with your repayments then you can contact our Collections Team on 01 8118636 and they will help you work out a payment plan to suit your situation.
Additionally, the Money Advice & Budgeting Services (MABS) is a national free, confidential and independent credit counselling service. Their number is 0818 07 2000 and their website is www.mabs.ie.
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of this agreement then write to: Shop Direct Ireland Limited, Cape House, Westend Office Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin D15 Y9DV, ring us on 01 8112222 or contact us via My Account. If we cannot resolve your complaint or you remain dissatisfied, you can contact the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman, www.fspo.ie. Helpline: 01 567 7000.
14. Right of Withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this agreement under the European Communities (Consumer Credit Agreements) Regulations 2010.
This right to withdraw ends on the expiry of fourteen days beginning with the later of the day on which: (i) this agreement is made or (ii) a copy of the agreement and of the pre-contract information has been received by you.
You can withdraw by sending or taking a WRITTEN notice of cancellation to:
Shop Direct Ireland Limited
Westend Office Park
Dublin D15 Y9DV.
Alternatively, you can communicate your withdrawal via My Account.
If you do not withdraw you will be bound by this agreement. If you withdraw after you have been provided with credit under this agreement you must repay the credit to us in full together with all accrued interest as soon as soon as practicable after withdrawal and in any event within 30 days of you giving us notice of withdrawal. Upon request we can advise you of the amount of interest you will be charged per day.
15. Choice of Law
This agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland, which we also take as applying prior to the making of this agreement.
All communications in relation to this agreement will be in the English language.
If any term of this agreement is unenforceable for any reason, it shall not affect the enforceability of any other term of this agreement.
18. Appropriation of Payments
The following allocation rules will apply depending on the amount you pay and what offers you have taken up on your account. Except for payments you target to BNPL Transactions, payments will be allocated in the following order and on a high to low interest rate basis where applicable:
- the current balance, excluding (i) any transactions since the last statement and (ii) BNPL Transactions not yet due for payment;
- BNPL Transactions for which the BNPL period ends in the current statement period;
- any transactions since the last statement excluding BNPL Transactions;
- BNPL Transactions not yet due for payment. If you have multiple such BNPL Transactions, they will be prioritised on a “payment due” basis. If more than one BNPL Transaction is due for payment on the same date, payment will be made to the highest interest rate BNPL Transaction first and if these transactions have the same interest rate, payment will be made to the oldest BNPL Transaction first.
References in this agreement to 'you' and 'your' are to the Customer named above and will include anyone to whom your rights or obligations pass under law. References to 'us' and 'we' are to Shop Direct Ireland Limited, and include any other party to whom our rights and/or liabilities under this agreement may be transferred.
20. Disclosure Notice
Shop Direct Ireland Limited trading as Very is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. The address of the Central Bank of Ireland is PO Box 559, Dublin 1, Ireland.
It is possible that other taxes or costs may exist that are neither paid nor imposed by us.
Very is a registered business name of Shop Direct Ireland Limited. Registered Office: Cape House, Westend Office Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin D15 Y9DV. Registered Number 106058. Vat Registration Number 4799561M.
Shop Direct Ireland Limited trading as Very is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.